In 2017 we will be celebrating 1000th birth anniversary of Ramanuja Charya Swami, a great spiritual icon born in 1017 and lived for 120 years
- World’s largest sitting statue at 216 feet of Bhagavad Ramanuja coming up in 2017.
- Statue symbolizes equality that Ramanuja propounded
- Includes 108 Divya Desams(Temples)
- Lived for 120 years and inspired all to practise Equality in the society
- Treated the downtrodden at par with the elite.
- Made Temples as centres of society where all artisans took active part
- Initiated several activites with temples as the centres as society offering services to all. Instructed that only efficient and knowledgeable leaders be appointed to oversee all the activites
- Revived all temples like Melkote in Karnataka state, Tirumala Tirupathi in Andhra Pradesh state in India.
- Rooted out untouchability and other vices that existed in the society. He gave everyone the same privilege of worshiping god.
- He called those branded as so called untouchables as “ThiruKulathaar”. It means “Born Divine” and took them inside temples.
- Gave the most divine mantra to all which was a closely guarded secret only available to selected few. Imbibed into society that women need to be shown utmost respect and empowered them to serve the society as leaders.
Become part of this Historic Moment……..